Tuesday 19 August 2008

Second Life Station Update 19.8.08

This is an update of images from my Wellington Railway Station build in Second Life on the NMIT island of Koru. The main developments here have been a re-structuring of the main entrance and exit to the train platforms. I have moved the screens out in both cases to create more space inside the concourse. The resulting effect is one of greater spaciousness and a closer approximation to the Real Life station space.

I will be creating a new post shortly, with more Second Life images. These will deal with the addition of more crowd cutouts inside the Concourse space and perspectives on the work I have done outside, as well. At this stage I have reached the limit on my prim count for the parcel so I am hoping that I can obtain more. I will also be posting the edits of my most recent dance practice videos.

I am now ready to bring in my videos on the main large screens. I have accomplished this process successfully at my own parcel on the island of Navi. I am waiting at this point for permissions from the owner of the UCOL land on which my build is set, to enable this facility.

Today I carried out my first presentation of my build in Second Life to a Real Life audience. This was to 90 students taking part in this year`s Art and Design Symposium at NMIT. The Symposium is titled 'Diegesis' and the conceptual focus is on Reality - Simulacra. The composition of the group was predominantly from our Degree programme at NMIT with the addition of students from the Blenheim campus and from the Art and Design programme in Timaru. I would like to thank Clare Atkins for her support and assistance at my presentation and the technical support from 'Trax Beaumont'. All much appreciated. I have had positive feedback about my work from the student body and the indications are that the presentation was regarded favourably.

* Please see Older Posts at the bottom of this post for more Second Life Wellington Railway Station images.

No comments: